The end of the year and beginning of a new one is when many entrepreneurs think deeply about where they want to take their brand in the future. For the next six weeks, I will be sharing posts helping you add value to your brand, reach the right people and share the right message. Stay tuned!
This time of year leaves us all reflecting on our brands and how we want to grow in the new year. One thing you may be contemplating is a whole new look for your brand – complete with a new logo, website, and new offerings.
Rebranding your business, even when you don’t have a ton of followers can be overwhelming and costly. The price of a new logo, website, web copy, images, and business cards can add up quickly, so it’s worth thinking about whether you want a whole new look or if you should just spruce things up a bit.
When to Rebrand
Rebranding can require a lot of thinking and time spent on planning what you want your message to be. Here are a few ways you know it’s time to rebrand:
– If your goals and vision for our brand have changed: What you believed and dreamed of when you started your brand are no longer what you dream about for your brand.
– If your site and logo design no longer fit your ideal customer or niche: If you’re trying to reach a certain group of people but your look does not fit into that niche.
– You launch new offerings or branches of your business: Sometimes when you launch new divisions of your business, your current look doesn’t fit with all of your offerings.
When you decide to rebrand, really think about who you want to reach and what you want your message to them to be. If you do this, you will have a clearer idea of what you want your new look to be. Take your time with your rebrand – without a clear vision, rushing into it may make you want to rebrand again, which will confuse your customers and make you look uncertain about what you’re doing.
When to Spruce Up
If you’re anxious for a new look, you may just be ready for a little bit of a spruce up. If you want a change but still have the same customers and offerings, or you want to up your game to be more competitive in your market, there are a few things you can do to clean up the look of your brand:
– Learn how to use Photoshop or Illustrator and improve your graphics on your blog. Adding some fun elements to your photos will definitely freshen up your site.
– Simplify your site. The cleaner your website, the less cluttered and bulky it will feel. Remember that not every white space on your site needs to be filled with something and creating some open space in your sidebars can make all the difference.
– Design new business cards. One fun way to spruce things up is with a new card design. This gives you some space to play with your look without doing a total rebrand.
What ways are you planning on growing your brand in 2020? Share your goals in the comments! Want to learn more about your brand and how to launch forward in 2020? Join Maggie from Iron and Lace Photography and me for Brand+Lab on Friday, January 17th! Learn more here.